Jane F. Bokunewicz MBA
- B.S. Hospitality, Gaming and Resort Management
- M.S. Hospitality Management, Gaming and Casino Management
- Certificate Programs: B.S. Gaming and Resort Management
- M.S. Gaming and Casino Management
- B.S. Business Administration ,Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Masters Business Administration, Monmouth College
- PhD Student Culture and Communication, Drexel University
Areas of Expertise:
- Management Information Systems/Technology
- Casino Gaming Management
- Jane Bokunewicz Consulting LLC, Human Resources and Gaming Consultant 2006 - present
- Drexel University Assistant Teaching Professor 2009 – Present
- Drexel University – Instructor 2006 – 2009
- Tropicana Casino and Resort Atlantic City, NJ
- 2005 – 2006 Vice President Operations
- 1994 – 2005 Vice President Administration
- 1990 – 1994 Director of Management Information Systems Tropicana
- 1987 – 1990 Applications Development Manager
- 1985 - 1987 Senior Computer Programmer
- Playboy Hotel and Casino Atlantic City, NJ
- 1984 – 1985 Junior Computer Programmer
- Social Media
- Consumer Behavior
- Impact of Technology on Hospitality
- Gaming Technology Textbook, Submitted to publisher Pearson, Prentice Hall. Co-Authors Donald Kneisel and Maria McNichols. Publication Date December 2010.
- Chapter 2 The Evolution of Casino Technology, Tyrell, Posner “Casino Gaming in Atlantic City, a Thirty Year Retrospective”, Comteq Publishing, Margate NJ, September 2009
- Panel Moderator G2E Las Vegas, Younger and Fresher, The New Casino Gambler November 2009
- Presentation National Resort and Commercial Recreation Association, Marketing Resorts through Social Media, November 2009
- Panelist Las Vegas Global Gaming Expo 2009, Ace In the Hole, Higher Education and Industry Partnerships.
- Paper Review Committee APTA Conference 2009
- Consultant to Spectrum Gaming, license application for a client seeking licensure in Waukegan Illinois. Work included a forecast of number of positions, total compensation, employment analysis and training plan.
- Consultant to Spectrum Gaming on an Economic Impact Study for the State of Massachusetts. Work included a forecast of number of positions, total compensation, employment analysis and training plan for the state of Massachusetts to determine the economic impact of legalizing Casino Gaming.
- Supervised an independent Study of 7 students conducting a Mixed Methods Research Project on “The Casino of the Future” including Quantitative and Qualitative data analysis. Results were published in the Gaming Industry Observer, Vol 14, No 12, August 2008.
- Presented “Hospitality on Line” at the Drexel E-Learning 2 Conference
- Panelist PA Gaming Congress 2008, The Role of Education in Pennsylvania Gaming
- Worked with Gomes/Cordish Gaming LLC on three separate submissions for Casino Licensure in the markets of Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Kansas and Baltimore, Maryland Work included Organization Charts, Job Descriptions, a hiring plan, a recommendation on pre-employment drug testing and a recommendation on Human Resources Applicant Tracking System.
- Worked with Spectrum Gaming on an economic impact study for a prominent casino company applying for licensure before the Kansas City Gaming Commission. Work included a local area unemployment analysis, a study of the impact on crime in the area, a summary of positions required and a recruiting plan.
- Worked with Spectrum Gaming on an economic impact study for a prominent casino company applying for licensure before the Baton Rouge, LA Gaming Commission. Work included a local area unemployment analysis, a study of the impact on crime in the area, a summary of positions required and a recruiting plan.
- Panelist Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau annual convention, Harrisburg PA, Relationship with Casinos and CVBs. March 2007.
- Co-Authored a report titled “Preparing for the Pennsylvania Gaming Industry”, with Spectrum Gaming Group. The report was written for the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry. It is published on the Internet at http://www.paworkforce.state.pa.us/professionals/lib/professionals/pdf/conferences/oct-17-06/sgg_report_111506.pdf
- Presented the above report at Pennsylvania’s Gaming Industry Workforce Summit in Harrisburg on October 16, 2006.
- Diversity/Human Resources Consultant Pocono Manor Development Corporation, an applicant for a Casino License in Pennsylvania
- Key Note Speaker for Pocono Manor Development Corporation’s Diversity Forum held on September 28, 2006
- Panelist representing the Gaming Industry at Travel and Tourism Student Conference hosted by East Stroudsburg University on September 30, 2006